Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday!

I'm linking up for the second time with DoodleBugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party!

 I'm super excited about these linky parties and I like going through and seeing what everyone is doing in their lives. So here we go - let the randomness begin!



 My husband Ryan and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary on Monday!  August 04, 2012 was the best day of my life - literally. I got to marry the man of my dreams, and we got married in a dream location.  We got married in Aspen, Colorado up at Maroon Bells - if you ever have a chance to get there, seriously do it.  It's SO beautiful. You'll never want to leave.




We actually left for Colorado today in order to enjoy a weekend in the mountains! We're planning on making this a tradition - and my husband loves it because not only do we go to Colorado for a few days, but it usually falls around the time that Bronco's training camp is as well.  We landed in Colorado early this morning and are spending a few days in Denver with some of our closest friends along with our cutie-pie Goddaughter - seriously, isn't she adorable?!

 When we get back from Colorado, I have three days before I have to be back at work.  I know those three days will be spent doing little things that I forgot or busy work I want to finish before the school year chaos begins.  I'm also planning on testing my kiddies on their DRA level throughout those days so that I can get a head start on evaluating and we can dig into guided reading right away.  Yesterday morning, I spent the morning finishing up a few things and my classroom is almost done and so close I can feel the relief!  Here's a sneak peek before the classroom reveal later on in the week next week! :)


I am in love with my library space this year - and my chevron theme pops out everywhere you look. Love it.


I am waiting for this lovely book to come in the mail!  My super great friend and co-worker ordered the 3rd-5th grade one earlier in the month and when she brought it to one of our work sessions, I fell in love. Morning meeting is something I adore doing with my kiddos and it is so critical at the beginning of the year for community building and relationships.  
 When I started going through hers, it's split up so that there's 20 greetings, 20 activities, and 20 messages that can be used in the meeting AND the best part, is that the author tied it to certain skills that you may be teaching - perfect way to integrate subjects into the morning meeting to get more practice.


This might seem super minimal but I received my FIRST comment on my blog the other day.  Someone commented about liking my writers toolkit bins and that she might possibly start using something like that as well.  I think my husband thought I fell or something because I let out the girliest squeal when I got the email that someone commented on a blog post.  Keep the comments coming my friends - it makes my day! :)

There's my Five for Friday - have a wonderful weekend!  I'm off to enjoy the beautiful mountains of Colorado and soak up some time with my handsome husband. 

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Your library space looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics! Enjoy your anniversary celebration.

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment! I'm excited to get pictures posted hopefully soon! :)

      Delete