Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Monday Made It Linky

Even though it's a Tuesday, I figured I could still sneak in a Monday Made It and link up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics and show you what I've been up too these past few weeks.

We just got back from Mexico in the Riviera Maya on Friday for a week and it was so relaxing.  First few days there it was raining like crazy, and there was a tropical storm moving through so we did a lot of room service ordering, Netflix watching, spa enjoying, and married life cuddling.  It was just what we needed to get relaxed for the rest of the trip.  Once the clouds went away it was paradise and we layed by the water and in the sun almost everyday.  We even got to snorkel with some sea turtles! They were HUGE and there were tons of other little creatures that we got to see - the ocean is so neat!  I got to open up a coconut from a tree and try the milk and the inside of the coconut - I wouldn't recommend it, it tasted horrible and I love coconut. I was bummed. And we go to see this little animal come up to our window multiple times, and Ryan even gave him a name.  They just wandered around in the jungle at our resort!


 Since this is a Monday "Made it Post" I better get into what I actually MADE.  It was Ryan's birthday the day after we got back from our trip, and usually when we travel back from somewhere something terrible happens.  We get super delayed, our baggage gets lost, we have to sleep in an airport.  I'm not kidding when I say it's always SOMETHING.  So I decided to do a little countdown to his birthday on our trip back - he got a present and a note the morning we left to let him know what was going on and then I gave him one of his gifts at different times of the day.  He LOVED it.


 He got some clothes, a devotional, some new pens and a notepad, a Starbucks gift card, and then his big presents were some new shoes and a Movement watch.  The shoes and watch I gave to him on his actual birthday, but he got all the notes and little gifts throughout the airport.  Inside each note had 5 things that I loved about being his wife and who he is as a person.  I'm super lucky to have such a wonderful husband to do life with, who's heart is so God fearing and who strives to be more like Christ everyday.  We didn't get stuck in an airport, and the travel back home was long, but great. :)


A few summers ago, I attempted planting flowers in the front of our house - I just got one pot of flowers and put then by our door.  Well, to say the least I picked the wrong type of flowers and they died pretty quickly.  Either because they were too hot, in the sun way to much, or because I forgot to water them - (I'm a terrible person when it comes to plants).  So last year I decided not to do anything with flowers and just give up on my "gardening" dream - until this year.  Yesterday Ryan and I went out and bought a few plants and pots of sale at our greenhouse in town.  I went from killing one my first year to getting 3 my second try. Go me! 


I was pretty picky with the flowers that I chose - I picked ones that need tons of sun and even some that said "heat and drought resistant" so I'm hoping they work out.  First night we had them outside there was a HUGE storm with like 80 mile an hour winds and down pouring rain, so I woke up at 4:30 and made my husband come out with me to pull them in the garage - I truly am committed I tell you. If someone gets up at 4:30 to get their flowers and risk getting soaked, it's commitment.  I'm glad I did though because our neighbors flowers the next morning were looking shabby! I'm really into making our house look more like a home this summer with outdoor and entry way things so I'm excited for the flowers to work out.




 I can't believe it's almost the Fourth of July - June is flying by!  I'm starting to get a few things ready for the school year and getting organized but I'm also just enjoying summer and seeing friends, going out to LUNCH (since I eat out of a lunchbox for 9 months of the year) and actually drinking my coffee on the couch with a book or a bible.  Summer looks good on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment