Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently July [linky]

I can't believe it's almost July!  Offta!  Last year around this time I would have been thinking about getting back into my classroom soon as we would only have about 6 weeks left of summer - BUT this year we don't go back until after Labor Day so I still have a whole month off before I really start thinking about getting back into the classroom.  I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade with her Currently - or as I like to refer to it as my favorite linky.  One of these times I'll post a blog that is without a linkup with it - but they're always so fun!


Listening: In the summer I am kind of addicted to Food Network.  Don't ask me why, I just love it.  When the husband comes home he's starting to just know that when he turns on the TV it'll probably be on Food Network.  And, I love Alton Brown and his show Cutthroat Kitchen.  The hubs doesn't like it so I watch it when he's gone.  It's a cooking challenge show with lots of bad "sabotages" mixed in.

Loving: In the school year I never get to read as much as I'd like too.  There are too many articles, professional development books, and emails for me to read and when I sit down to read at night my eyes are always closing within about 10 minutes.  It's terrible.  So I'm loving diving into good reads right now in the summer.  I finished the Selection Series, and the Maze Runner, and am currently halfway through The Good Girl which is SO good.

Thinking: I'm planning on mapping out some new TPT products to get working on for my classroom in the next few weeks.  I'm hoping having a little list will get me more motivated to get things done and start posting something new.

Wanting: SUNSHINE.  It's summer people.  And I have seen more clouds in the last few weeks then sun.  I want to sit outside by a pool with my book or laptop!  Go away clouds!  The sun in Mexico was amazing so I'd like that back in South Dakota.

Needing: To start organizing for the year.  Our school district has a summer program that uses a few classrooms in our school - mine being one of them.  So I usually bring a lot of stuff home with me so that I can still get some stuff done while my classroom is being used.  It'll go back to just being my classroom in a few weeks after they rotate rooms and clean it, so I need to start getting some of that stuff I brought home with me organized so I can move it back into my room ASAP and clean out our extra bedroom of being a teacher clutter zone.

All Star: I am an organizing fanatic.  All school year I am either organizing, thanking myself for being organized, or thinking of ways to BETTER organize.  I love it.  Labels, containers, folders, you name it - I love it.

Link up and let us know what your life in the new month.  Happy July!



5 comments:

  1. I also LOVE Summer Reading & am finally digging into Maze Runner right now! Hoping to get through all 3 :) I also can relate to thinking about new TPT products... I LOVE thinking ahead to what I might need next year to help me come up with new products!
    -Ashlee
    TeacherWillRunforBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the Maze Runner so hope you do as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love summer reading!! I've been known to crack open a new professional book on the very FIRST day of summer holidays. Other people who don't get it have criticized me for not relaxing, but I actually get enjoyment out of it! I can't believe you have to give up your room in the summer. Wow! I hope you get some sunshine soon!! ~Grade One Snapshots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like reading professional development books in the summer! It's fun to read those and dream of new ideas - refreshing! It's a bummer to have our room taken over but also nice so I'm not back in the classroom without enjoying the summer.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love being able to read whatever I am in the mood for in the summer. I often have 3 books going at once.
    Hope you get your sunshine soon! It is another rainy day here in upstate NY.
    Pam
    Mrs. P’s Specialties

    ReplyDelete