Sunday, August 2, 2015

Currently: August

WHAT?!!?  How in the world is it already August?!  This summer has flown by like I always knew it would but I'm still so shocked with how fast the days and time go!  Feels like just a few weeks ago we were lounging around in Mexico! It's already time for the monthly link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade!


Listening:  Sundays (when it's NOT football season) usually consists of golf in our house.  It's a nice little background noise that is quiet and calm while we got some house cleaning and organizing done.  The squeak toy is courtesy of my sweet puppy and her love for balls that squeak - and loudly I might add.

Loving: I've been really plugging along on my TPT store - you can check it out here - mind you I'm still in the beginning stages but this summer I'm actually taking the time to make them TPT worthy so that after I'm done printing them off and readying them for my classroom I can make sure other people have the opportunity to buy it as well.  And can I just say, that TPT is such a great community because people really DO buy your stuff - even when your a beginning like me!

Thinking: I've been in my classroom last week for a few days, and stuff was all over that I had to just walk out with it being a mess.  There is still so much to do and everytime I think I'm going to accomplish something and get something off my list - I end up adding 4 more things.  Teachers understand. I know it.

Wanting: Although I am a nerd and get really excited for the beginning of the school year, I am going to miss my summer days.  Waking up and working out, sitting outside and reading with a cup of coffee, getting things checked off my to-do list on TIME and fire pits with friends at night.  Summertime is my favorite season.  Seriously, it's the best.

Needing: Like any teacher, I need to work in my room.  Luckily we don't go back until August 31 and students start September 8, but I have some classes and meetings sprinkled in before then and so my days of being able to just work in my classroom will be numbered.  I also need to start dinner for my little family soon! :)

Back 2 School RAK:  I'm making some teacher gifts for some friends (shhh! You'll hear more about them on a blog post later after I hand them out!) and I'm planning on leaving little notes that first week back to encourage each other.  I also leave little notes for my kids on their desk that first week with an EXPO marker to help them feel welcomed and more relaxed.

Link up and tell us what your CURRENTLY doing for the month! :)

5 comments:

  1. You go back late! When did you get out of school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do go back really late! We had a big calendar debate this last school year that gave us this new start date. We won't get out until June 3!

      Delete
  2. I'm also plugging away in my TpT store! I really love the creativity outlet!

    Found you through Farley's linky. And can I just say I love your blog design! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I love being able to be creative and make things useful! I'll be checking out your store soon! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cami! I totally understand about football season. It seems my year is divided into two periods - when it's football season and well... when it's NOT! Ha! Enjoy the remainder of your summer!

    ReplyDelete