Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently: February

Can it be so that I have blogged 2 days in a row?!  Let's see if I can keep up with at least a WEEKLY blog because I know I can't do the whole 2 day thing easily with conferences coming up.  Eesh!  Today I'm amazed that it is already February. Anyone else in shock like I am?  I'm linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for the monthly Currently link up.  This one might be one of my favorites to link up with - even if it is just my third month in! :)



Currently Listening: We are right in the middle of a "Winter Storm Warning" in South Dakota and it is just windy as ever out there!  I'm attempting to finish up some laundry and the husband is working and watching SportsCenter.  We're planning on going to a friends house tonight for the Super Bowl but we'll see if that actually happens with this storm.  We may just stay inside! 

Currently Loving: My friend got me hooked on Reign on Netflix. Ryan and I just got it a little over a week ago and I watch it literally every moment I can. The husband is not that into it at all so it's a show all to my self.  I would love to sit today before the football game and watch it for a while - here's hoping I can sneak some time in!

Currently Thinking:  Sunday is usually my food prep day for the week.  I get stuff washed and cut for salads and usually go grocery shopping for our meals.  I ended up grocery shopping yesterday and forgot BUTTER.  I was planning on making these chocolate chip coconut cookie bars for the Superbowl today but we don't have any butter and there is a HUGE drift in front of our house with snow - so I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to get out and get those made before tonight.  We pay to have someone come and shovel and plow our driveway and they have yet to come - so frustrating.  Husband was going to attempt to shovel it but it's so big anyways that I'm not sure a standard shovel would make a dent.  For now I'll just have to prep salads and what not and wait on the cookie bars.  Crossing my fingers!

Currently Wanting:  This week is going to be brutal at school. We have spring parent teacher conferences on Tuesday and Thursday and the following Monday. These are always such long days at school.  I usually get to school around 715 or so and with conferences we have to stay at school until 8:00pm!  Not only do we have to do a full day of teaching but we also have to be awake and energized enough to talk to parents about their sweet kiddos.  The first night of conferences I go straight from 4:00-7:30 with a new family every 15 minutes.  It's crazy.  The next two nights are a lot lighter so I can get more things done and just kind of relax.  However, be thinking of me on Tuesday. I'm already dreading it. Bring on the soda pop and coffee! After this week of conferences we have 2 days with students the following week, a 1/2 day inservice and then we have 5 days off.  Hallelujah.

Currently Needing:  I look at all these cute teacher blogs out there and mine just isn't doing it for me. I would love to look into having someone do my blog for me and make it cute like everyone else. I wasn't too worried about it at the beginning but now I'm really wanting a "professional" looking blog.  My husband does websites but not with blogger.  If you have someone you'd recommend let me know! I'd love to look into it!

Pageant Title: Before I leave school everyday I have to have my desk and table cleared off, wiped down with a clorox wipe and stuff lined up for tomorrow.  Don't ask me why, it just drives me nuts when there is PILES of stuff on my table.  Last year I had an emergency sub when I came down with strep for the first time and my table was a mess and she wrote on my plans it was hard to find things. I felt awful.  Usually my table and area wouldn't have been like that but I remember leaving the day before just dead sick. Now it's a thing of mine to make sure everything is off my table and desk and in an easy spot to locate incase I have an emergency situation like that. I also carry around my clorox wipes throughout the day and usually wipe off my table 8X throughout our learning.  Therefore, my name would be Queen Orgaclean. And I'm proud of it.

Link up and have some fun! See you next month for the next currently! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your pageant title!! I wish I could be as organized as you. Whenever I have a sub, I end up moving the papers on my desk to the bookshelves behind it (and then I cross my fingers that I will find them again). I like your idea of clorox wipes--I will get some for my room this week :)
    Michelle
    www.mrsscotese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete