Sunday, January 4, 2015

Currently January!

I have fallen off the blogging bandwagon.  I promised myself I would keep up with it when school started and then conferences got in the way, and life happened and... you know. However, after opening my TPT store again yesterday (go check it out and follow me!  You'd make my night!) I've decided to become more committed!
 So, with that being said, I've linked up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade!


Listening: Sunday usually involves football of some sort in our house. We usually go to church in the morning (or Saturday night) and then on Sunday there is football in our house from the moment we get home (or wake up) until we go to sleep.  My husband loves football.  He's a die-hard Denver Bronco fan so the games today are just fun to watch for him since they aren't playing. But, we know we will play the Colts next week!

Loving: It's so cold here.  Today the high was 1 degree above zero and we'e just moved from a Winter Storm Watch into a Winter Storm Warning. We're suppose to get lots of snow tomorrow afternoon (on the first day back to school - how convenient.)  So, I'm thankful that my day involves big thick blankets and a nice fireplace.

Thinking: Tomorrow we go back to school here after a long and much needed Winter Break. I'm ready to see my kiddos - I miss them and their personalities!  I need to go back to a somewhat normal schedule - while relaxing and doing nothing all day is great I need to get back into a routine.

Wanting: I stuck some laundry in before I took a nap today and haven't touched it since.  It needs to finish itself. But, wishful thinking so I'll end up doing it after this post. 

Needing: I did my weekly grocery shopping trip today and need to grill up some chicken for salads this week, get some veggies cut, and throw in the pizza for supper tonight.  I don't always like the idea of food prepping for the week but thank myself when it's done because it is so much easier to just grab my prepped salads, fruits, and veggies each day.

Yes: Since I reopened my TPT store yesterday, I will make a commitment to make consistent products to sell!  My friend Kayla at Kayla in the Classroom and I have been friends for years and she took the dive into TPT this summer and her story has been inspiring - so, here I go!

Maybe: Husband and I really want to do something new with our master bedroom this year.  We're pretty into the modern/rustic look and Ryan wants to do a wooden wall with Aspen tree sticks in our master bedroom. We'd like to repaint and add some cool shelves.

Wish: Ryan and I have talked about how great it would be if I could someday (when we have cute little babies) be a stay at home mommy.  I would love to do that and think it's something I've wanted to do my whole life, and then decided a teacher was the next best thing.  As of right now we wouldn't be able to make it work and I'd have to continue working with a baby but maybe someday when we are more financially stable. Praying for it now and trusting God will answer if it's in His plan!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season! Stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. Hello! I found you on Farley’s blog :)

    NFL Playoff Games… YES!!! I swear I’ve had the tv on ESPN or the ROOTS Sports Channel throughout winter break. Down here though, it’s all about the Houston Texans and JJ Watt! So… I’m just watching the games for fun, too!

    One degree ABOVE zero?!? Oh. My. GOSH. I could NOT do it. I’m dying and it’s no where near that cold here. Where do you live?

    I need to start doing a weekly grocery trip and food prep thing, too. My eating habits are HORRIBLE and I know that would help.

    Good luck with the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I love that I can connect with some teachers on link's like Farley's!

      I live in South Dakota - it starts getting cold here in October and it lasts till March. It's awful. Today we got an early release though for the snow storm headed our way so there are positives to living in the tundra! :)

      If you want some tips on food prepping and eating habits I'd love to help! My husband and I completely changed the way we thought about food a year and a half ago and it's been so great since!

      Have a wonderful school year! Let's keep in touch!

      Delete
  2. Ha! All we watch around here on Sundays is football as well! Well, if my team isn't playing, I'm not watching but it's still on.

    Good luck on your TpT store. I, too, took the plunge this fall. While I will never be the caliber of some creators out there, it is fun to dabble. We'll see!

    Good luck going back to school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad to know that others have football on all day too!

      I'm hoping to just get a jump start with TpT. I'd LOVE to be like some of the huge creators down there but I can never find the time. Maybe that will change this year!

      Hope your day going back was good as well!

      Delete
  3. I CANNOT believe how cold it is where you are! I would die! Although I will say, snow sounds pretty awesome right now!

    I would love to be a stay at home mommy too one day! We are working really hard a saving so that I might be able too! Good luck!

    Lindsey
    Chalkboard Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Today the snow and cold came in handy - we got an early release the first day back from break! Half days are great.

      Hoping that you can someday be a stay at home mommy! I know that heart desire and wish it for anyone who can!

      Delete