Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunday Scoop [On a Monday]

It's Monday night, and after the eventful loss of my Denver Bronco's yesterday, I was not in a blogging mood so today I'm posting my "Sunday Scoop" and linking up with Teaching Trio and these fun bloggers I'm meeting through Instagram, TPT, and the teacher blogger world.


So, here's my "Sunday Scoop" on a Monday.


3 Things I have to do..

- We have an electronic data wall at our school that holds all of our students data - from DRA's, to math assessments, to quarterly standard assessments, etc.  I have a meeting with my principal in a few days to stop and go over the data - so I should make sure everything is there and up to date! :)

- I bought a Crane humidifier (in a cute Hippo) last year.  This past summer it stopped sending out vapor and so I emailed and go a new one sent to me.  This one I plugged in and the same thing happened to me again!  It wouldn't produce any vapor out of the holes.  I'm a bit frustrated with the company and hoping that they'll send me another new one.

- I recently started mapping out my math lessons last month and really liked having it all laid out for me.  It helps to know what each of my groups are working on in the workshop model, and what the rest of the students are doing while I take small groups.  

2 Things I hope to do...

- I just started posting TPT products a few weeks ago and have been slowly plugging away at my first "money" product.  It takes so much time and energy!  I'm also paying extra close attention to the copyrights on fonts and clipart and hope that as I keep working on these products it becomes easier.

- I'm going to start assessing my kids again this week in their math concepts - forward/backwards number and number identification.  Knowing that those peanuts who couldn't identify numbers to 20 have made so much progress makes my teacher heart happy - as well as getting ahead of the assessments for the spring!

1 Thing I'm happy to do...

- In 2 weeks, we have a birthday party for a 1 year old!  I love shopping for kid presents since I don't have any babies of my own yet (YET!).  Usually with my birthday being so close to Christmas (December 18) I like to buy kiddos something besides toys on their birthdays that are also close to Christmas.  Baby Gap here I come!

Come and link up each week - even if you are late! It's fun to meet new teachers and read everyone else's ideas!  

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment